Placement of Temporary Signs
Recent changes to the City of Cheyenne's development code have caused some confusion and questioning regarding the placement of political signs. Due to these circumstances, and because the election season and placement of some signs began prior to the effective date of the new code, the previous policy applicable to political signs will be extended through November's election.
Here's what you need to remember:
1) Signs shall not be placed in a street or public right-of-way.
2) Permission should be obtained from the property owner before a sign is placed on private property.
3) No signs may be placed on public buildings or property.
4) No signs may be placed on utility poles.
5) There are no time or size restrictions on political signs.
If any signs are picked up by the City due to placement in the right of way, on public buildings or property, they may be retrieved at the Development Office in the Municipal Building.
If you have any questions please contact the City Development Office at (307) 637-6310.